Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hungry for your Love: Romantic Dinner at Home

M and I rotate the planning of Valentine's Day and our Anniversary each year. This year, M was in charge of Vday. Because he is taking final dental board exams this week, we can't celebrate until this weekend. And after waking up on Valentine's Day with no prospect of anything lovey-dovey, I was more than a little disappointed! To relive my gloom, I whipped together this romantic dinner!



If you look close at the glasses, there are Strawberry POP ROCKS on the glass rim! We both loved this! (dip glass in lemon juice, and then dip in pop rocks)



{hungry for your love...

...and thirsty, too!}



The best part about this dinner was what I served. (haha...I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but M really liked it). He was studying at school, so I knew once he called to say he was coming home, I'd only have about 30 minutes to get ready. Soooo....I made... (ready for this?)

Grilled Cheddar Cheese Sandwiches on Stone-Baked Artisan Sourdough Bread & Panko Breaded Baked Chicken Breasts.

AKA:

Grilled cheese and chicken. and strawberries.

And, it was gooood!

PS: if you're looking for something extra delicious to make those strawberries into a romantic dessert, try THIS!

I thought I'd share the love with the 4x6 "Hungry for your Love" print and the Love Potion #9 Labels...



 You can download them by clicking the downward arrow above!

...just a simple idea for anytime you're "hungry" for a little love.... not just Valentine's Day..... how about a Tuesday?!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. So impressive! If this is your last-minute... :) You are seriously amazing. Looks like a great day! And I love those printables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great last minute whip up! Seriously, we would have probably had a box of something. ;) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was LUCKY that I had all I needed at home this time... I did, however, have to run out to grab a bottle of martinellis. :) even still, in last minute romance-emergencies of the past, the dollar store has been my best friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful little evening you had :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How romantic! I seriously love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried downloading your printable but it says you were out of bandwith or something, what fonts did you use to make your hungry sign?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...