This week, I planned an activity for our YW centered around humor... (this could also work for FHE)
I had two goals in mind for my "Humor Happy Hour":
1. I wanted to teach/remind about using humor in positive, uplifting ways.
2. I wanted to let loose and laugh a little with our girls!
We started with reading this handout I created:
*journal card design by Tracie Stroud Designs*
We discussed that briefly and shared a couple of personal experiences, and then we got laughing!
We did a few different things:
1. MadLibs - I had found a few free ones on google though and just used those instead of buying a MadLib book.
2. Jeff Dunham & Achmed - This is a YouTube Video (and our churchhouse blocks youtube, so we weren't actually able to watch it, but there is a CLEAN version HERE
3. Brian Regan - He is a comedian that I just love. I had the girls listen to the "Stupid in School" clip from "Brian Regan Live". I have the CD so I just ripped it onto my phone... (In that clip, there is one word that I just held my finger over the speaker and silenced it) ;)
4. Laffy Taffys & Snickers - we snacked throughout and told the jokes from our Laffy Taffy wrappers
5. Laughing Contest - this was a HOOT! Simple. everyone just starts laughing...last one laughing wins. (I would walk around and laugh really goofily right in the girls' faces and that would get them rolling even more..)
You can download the Humor Happy Hour Handout HERE!