Thursday, April 11, 2013

Texas Flag Onesie & Rag Quilt for Baby

Hey y'all! It didn't take long for Texas to take a hold of my heart... but it still amazes me how much Texas pride radiates from this Lone Star State! For example, did you know that in the Texas schools, students not only say the Pledge of Allegiance to the American flag, but also the Texas flag? Yup, true story. I've seen it myself in about a dozen schools.

Aaaanyway, I had a new nephew born in March in west Texas...a perfect opportunity to make this lil' Texas Flag Rag Quilt to match a onesie that I bought for him.

{how darn cute is that?! You can find these Texas Flag Onesies at Cavenders in a variety of sizes}

 {no wonder the Texas flag is everywhere...it's SO easy to duplicate! Three cuts of flannel and a few measurements, snips and stitches later makes this light rag quilt...perfect for a Texas baby!}

{this handsome little boy is gonna be all-Texan...can't wait for him to grow into his little onesie!}

For the Quilt:
- I made it a standard crib size: 54" x 72"
- I recommend a 1/2" to 1" seam to allow for plenty of raggy-ness after being washed.
- I used only one layer of flannel.. no doubling up or batting! If you haven't heard, it gets HOT in Texas. One layer of flannel is plenty!
- If you've never done a rag quilt, it's SUPER easy, just look up a tutorial online (there are plenty of them, but I'm afraid I'm not the best for providing one myself. I kinda just piece it together as I go)


11 comments:

  1. I LIKE YOUR POST BECAUSE IT IS VERY USEFUL FOR ME.

    FLAG DESIGNER
    3X5 FLAGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to start my personal BlogEngine weblog now.

    POLYESTER FLAG
    FLAG DESIGNER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serious lover of your blog, a considerable number of your blog posts have really helped me out. Looking towards updates!

    POLYESTER FLAG
    FLAG DESIGNER

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd personally appreciate to appreciate which on the purpose you have already been presented stated in developing the next few paragraphs.


    SWOOPER FLAG
    FLAG DESIGNER

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serious lover of your blog, a considerable number of your blog posts have really helped me out. Looking towards updates!


    ADVERTISING FLAG
    TEAR DROP FLAGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd personally appreciate to appreciate which on the purpose you have already been presented stated in developing the next few paragraphs.

    FLAG DESIGNER
    STRING FLAGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you free hand the star? It is so perfect. Do you have a template to download?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has fully emerged to crown Singapore's southern shores and undoubtedly placed her on the global map of residential landmarks. I still scored the more points than I ever have in a season for GS. I think you would be hard pressed to find somebody with the same consistency I have had over the years so I am happy with that. 먹튀검증

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...