Thursday, May 7, 2015

90's Table Decor & Bridging the Gap Relief Society Activity

There is such a tendency to interact with those in our same age group... of course there is! Commonalities and similiar situations bring people together, but I have to say that some of my most treasured relationships (outside of my family) have come from "folks" from an older generation. Even as a kid, I enjoyed talking to people much older than me (not sure how much they liked me talking their ear off, but I sure had a good time) :) 

My church's relief society (women's) group held an activity a while back themed:

BRIDGING THE [GENERATION] GAP

Speakers from different generations (a teenager, a newlywed/young mom, a middle-aged mom with teens, and a retired woman) provided insight into what it's like to be in their respective stages of life (as reminder of what has been or a glimpse into what's to come) for all of the women. The oldest woman's thoughts were particularly meaningful to me as she compared us all to trees, with roots and trunks and branches... and how everything has a time and a place. We bloom in different seasons but we all have a role to play in every season... She discussed how we can all work together to get the most out of life. I wish I could have had a copy of her whole talk; it was really great. 


Anyway, while spiritual and meaningful, the activity was also a lot of fun. Everyone was invited to dress-up in the decade attire of their choice and a few of us were asked to decorate a table for each of the past several decades.

I was born in the 80's, but I was a 90's kid so that was the table I was in charge of. Here was my sweet set-up. ;)



The entire table was focused around this poster: "the 90's as a kid"  ... take a quick read, I promise it'll make you laugh :)


....trolls, mixed tapes, hacky saks, and slap bracelets....aw yeah, welcome back to the 90's!


...don't forget beanie babies (WITH the tags!), VHS movies, and warheads (my mouth waters just thinking about them!)

Each place setting had a booklet of Lisa Frank stickers, a candy necklace, and stink-on earrings. SWEET!
 
these are our Warhead Faces...

me and my 80's Goonies pal...


Here are a few of the other tables...can you guess the decade?!



Great activity...I highly recommend it for your next Relief Society event! Such a fun way to connect our different generations of women in the church. 

18 comments:

  1. What a great way to connect. And further present connections!

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr Okosun a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I advice you to contact Dr Okosun on his email (drokosun12@gmail.com )or contact him on whatsapp number +2348136785562, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within two weeks i recommend Dr Okosun just feel like promoting his Good work, Give him a try and thank me later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Thanks for sharing this great blog with me!!
    All these pictures are really awesome!!
    Dating Coach For Men

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous post! I am in need of a custom web design company in San Diego, the United States that offers responsive web design services within my budget range.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely, what a fantastic website and revealing posts, I definitely will bookmark your site.Have an awsome day!

    Click here to chceck my blog :: 휴게텔
    (jk)


    ReplyDelete
  6. QuickBooks is used by numerous businesses for all of their accounting tasks. But occasionally QuickBooks may encounter several errors. QuickBooks H series Error H101, H202, H303 and H505 generally appears when you try to access the company file from one computer to another.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post!
    It is the little changes which will make the largest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Click here to chceck my blog :: 대구오피
    (freaky)


    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there I am so delighted I found your weblog, I really found you by accident,
    while I was researching on Bing for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just QUALITY UNDETECTED ORIGINAL FAKE DRIVING LICENCE like to say thank you for a fantastic post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the recommendations. They will be really helpful.

    complete body massage services

    ReplyDelete
  10. YouTube thumbnails are a vital part of the success of your videos. A good thumbnail can attract viewers, increase engagement, and boost watch time. Learn why YouTube thumbnails are necessary and how you can use them to improve your content's performance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Healthy Life Human is your go-to hub for knowledge and the latest trends in health, nutrition, fitness, and lifestyle. We provide the resources you need to make informed decisions about your wellbeing, so you can live a healthier life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing information on house painting dubai them this source is really informative thanks for share this information

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. <a href="https://vinylsupplier.ae/artificial-grass/exhibition-grass/>Exhibition Grass</a>

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you need help in giving a lecture or presentation in your auditorium? The first thing you need to deliver a professional and effective speech is a wooden podium

    ReplyDelete
  16. This blog is very informative and also if you wants more information go publishing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...